The Council conducts research into testing techniques and other educational issues relevant to its functions. It also organises seminars on educational issues. Some of the researches carried out and seminars organised include the following:
- RESEARCH TOPICS (2000-2002)
1. Teachers' and Students Perceived Relationship between Performance in English Language and Literature-in-English at SSSCE in Ghana (RPA/1/2000).
2. Relationship between Student's Performance in English Language and Literature and Literature-in-English at SSSCE in Ghana (RPA/2/2000)
3. The validity of WAEC question papers for the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations in Ghana from 1995-1997 (RPA/1/2001)
4. A Review of Studies Conducted by the Accra Department of WAEC Research Division (1990-1999) (RPA/2/2001)
5. The Content Validity of WAEC Question Papers for the SSSCE in Ghana: 1997-2000 (RPA/1/2002)
6. The Taxonomy of Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) Questions by Cognitive Domain: 1997-2000 (RPA/2/2002)
7. Predictive Validity of WAEC Agricultural Colleges Entrance Examination (RPA/3/2002)
- SEMINAR PAPERS (2000-2002)
- Teaching and Testing for development - The DOTT Model-Dr. Dayo Odukoya (May,2000)
- District Sponsorship scheme for Teacher Trainees - Mr. V.K. Mante (June, 2001)
- Issues in Combining Assessment Scores with External Examination Scores for Certification at the Basic and Secondary School Levels- Dr. Francis K. Amedahe (July,2002)
- Teacher Motivation for Improving Quality Education- Mr. Charles Y. Aheto-Tsegah (August 2000)
- Structure and Operation of Continuous Assessment in Ghana- Dr. Kofi B. Quansah (November, 2000)
- Teaching and Assessing Affective Skills in Science in Ghanaian Schools- Mr. Mawuadem Koku Amedekar (February, 2001)
- USSR+DE: A Model for Developing Higher Literacy Awareness in Schools - Mr. Abdulai Jakalia (March, 2001)
- HIV/AIDS Threatens Ghana: Myth or Reality - Mr.J.J.K. Baku (April, 2001)
- The BECE Grading Scheme Committee Report: Implications for Minimum Educational Qualifications for Basic education Certificate- Dr. Kofi Mereku (October, 2001)
- The Auditor: For or Against Employee Welfare and Job Security- Mr. L.B.L Donkor (November, 2001)
- Integrating IT Practices into School Administrative Set-up: Introducing the Software Engineering Consultancy range of Products- Mr. frnk Quartey-Papafio (April, 2002).
All stakeholders in education who wish to present papers at the monthly seminars should contact the Research Department on: 233-21-763516 or at No. 21, Agustino Neto Road, Airport Residential Area, Accra.
The papers listed are available at the Publications Department of the National Office in Accra and in all the Branch offices.